Telling My Gaming Group

 Charisma Roll



Telling my family I was leaving the state was easy compared to telling my gaming group. Four of us have been playing tabletop games together for almost 40 years, with only a small break for starting and raising families.

I waited for a Saturday night when we were all going to be together to tell them. It wasn't a total surprise; I had warned them of my intention earlier in the year. But there was still some shock when I announced I was officially retiring, with a set date, in preparation of moving to New York.

The first thing I had to do was assure them we could still meet for regular games. We would just have to revert to COVID-protocol. Fortunately, there are several options for players to meet up online for Teams-like gaming sessions. I pointed out that that the three of them could still convene in person, and with the giant TV at the head of the gaming table connected to a laptop it would be just like I was sitting there with them.

"Except we can finally mute you," they all pointed out.





Comments

Popular Posts