Flash Fiction 02 - Last Words

 Last Words

He said:
How did it go today? She said: Your dog growled at my daughter. He said: That doesn't sound like Tyke. He never growls. She said: You've seen him bare his teeth at her. He said: I've seen him grimace the only way a dog can. He makes the same face when the cat gets too close. She said: This time he growled.

He said: What was Carla doing? She said: It wasn't her fault. Your dog just doesn't like my daughter. He said: Tyke is just set in his ways. He's not used to having other people in the house yet. She said: He'd better get used to it. We're not going anywhere. He said: I know that.

She said: Don't sound so disappointed. He said: Don't be like that. You know I want you here, both of you. She said: Sometimes I wonder. I had to beg you to let me put out some of my decorations. He said: The house is already decorated. She said: I don't want to get rid of all of your things, I just want to make it look like I live here too. He said: Where's Tyke?

She said: I closed him in the basement. He said: You can't do that. This is his home too. She said: I need to protect my daughter. He said: You need to teach your daughter about boundaries. I've told her to wait for Tyke to come to her, but she doesn't listen. She said: We'll just keep him in the basement during the day, that way there won’t be any problems.

He said: Fine. But let’s use a schedule of alternating days for who gets shut in the basement.

Comments

Popular Posts